You are probably interested in renting a nice home and that's terrific because that's exactly what we offer.
ALSO,as an added benefit of renting from us, you'll earn a $200/month credit each and every month should you ever decide you want to purchase. See #6 below for details. The remainder of this page contains all the details on renting our homes and the significant advantage of working with a locally-owned and family-owned company with almost two decades of experience.
Details on Renting a Home
This page explains what is expected of you and what you can expect from us. Here is how our Home Rental program works with specific info about our Ownership Credit Program. Please read this page word-for-word:
Once you apply you will immediately receive an email confirming that your application has been received. The email will request that you email or fax us some basic income and other information.
There is no application fee and no money whatsoever is paid until you ultimately choose your home. And, that won't occur until after you are approved. We are not an agency, middle-man, real estate office, realtor or sales agent. We are the actual owner of the homes we offer and we help all of our approved families directly and personally. We are a small family business that has helped hundreds of families for almost two decades. We speak plain-English, spend time learning about you and your family and genuinely care. We answer our phones, return phone calls, text, respond promptly and will always strive to help you by answering your questions and assisting you in any way possible.
We try very hard to approve each and every applicant and we are very fair. We look closely at income, job history, rental history, credit and public record information. However, there are some issues that will disqualify an application without further review. For instance, if anyone in the household is on the sex-offender list then the application will not be approved under any circumstance. If you have an unpaid court judgment or still owe another landlord any money then your application will not be approved. We do not necessarily say no if your credit score is a little low provided your income, job history and rental history are solid.
Approval usually occurs within 24-48 hours after you apply and provide us with all requested income information and at that time you will know your exact maximum Monthly Rental Approval Amount for the home you're approved to rent. Your approval is valid for 90 days. Your approval qualifies you to rent a home exclusively from our inventory of homes. And, being approved you will have access to advance information on new homes coming available long before they are advertised on our website, online or in the newspaper.
2. Drive by the new homes we offer and call or text with any questions. We also post very detailed video tours on the website to help you consider new homes or to rule them out to avoid wasting gas and time for homes that don't meet your needs. We can answer questions and you can learn about the homes, neighborhoods and prices. We also will conduct private showings when feasible once you have applied.
3. After you are approved no money is due until you choose your home. Once you have selected the home of your choice, you will need to submit your $1,500 Security Deposit to hold the home until move-in and lease paperwork day. THE SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR ALL HOMES WE RENT IS $1500. On move-in day you will pay your first month's rent amount and any applicable pet fees. Your remaining funds are due in the form of a money order or cashier's check, etc. No personal checks or cash is accepted. 4. Your ongoing monthly rent payments are required to be automatically deducted from your bank account. You must have a valid bank account to rent from us. Your auto-debit will occur on the same day every month and you must have sufficient available funds in your account to cover your payment each and every month. Your payment history is critical and we do not tolerate or provide latitude for late pay nor is there any grace period. We are very strict about timely payment and make no exceptions to our enforcement of this. We charge late fees and bank charges if the bank draft doesn't clear and require the payment including the late fees to be paid with a cashier's check immediately.
5. As an added benefit when you receive your official approval YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY APPROVED TO RENT ANY PROPERTY on www.StCharlesRent.com if that option becomes desirable to you. StCharlesRent.com offers lower priced town homes, duplexes and apartments primarily in the St Charles and St. Peters area in addition to one and two bedroom apartments at a very nice family-friendly complex in South St. Louis county. Sometimes this option is helpful to families who are in a time crunch that may need interim housing before the ideal home presents itself.
6. You will be earning a $200/mo ownership credit for each and every on-time monthly rent payment up to $10,000 that will be applied as a price reduction or down payment credit if you ultimately purchase a home from us. THERE IS NO OBLIGATION TO PURCHASE, NO COST, NO FINE PRINT, NO PENALTIES AND NO CATCH. The purchase of a specific home is by mutual agreement for the home you rent or for another home that you are interested in buying and we are interested in selling. This is NOT a Rent-to-Own, lease-purchase or lease-option agreement. It is simply an added bonus and benefit out of our pocket for choosing to rent a home from our family-owned business. SImply, if you do purchase a home by mutual agreement from us then you get the benefit of a very generous credit for each month you have rented from us. And, your ownership credit can be used for any home we offer. The credit is not restricted solely to the home you are renting. The ownership credit can ONLY be used towards the purchase of a home from us and if you decide to move at the end of your lease then you will not receive any credit as it has no cash value nor can it be used in any other fashion. So, basically, it is use it or lose it. However, if you decide to purchase, then the preferential home price extended to you at the time of your conversion to ownership will be based on the market value and by mutual agreement between you and our company at the time of purchase. Your Security Deposit of $1500 will also be added to your $200/mo credit total as well if you purchase the home you are renting. So, for example, after renting for just three years you will have accumulated an $8700 Ownership Credit. This is our mission and our passion and we take great pride in helping good people become homeowners. The ownership credit is only a generosity provided at Landlord's sole discretion and will never exceed or accrue above $10,000 and may be withdrawn, altered,entirely eliminated or changed at any time. You will find us to be extremely generous and helpful as you strive to become a homeowner. And, we have special expertise for those who are trying to improve their credit score, too.
7. Pets. We DO allow dogs and cats with some restrictions. We do not charge any additional rent monthly for pets. However, there is a one-time $200 pet fee per animal at the beginning of your lease. You still remain responsible for any and all damage and must be 100% confident that your pet is completely house-broken. Upon move-out we will pull the carpet back and black-light inspect the carpet and padding for any evidence of pet urine, etc or other pet caused damage and, if found, will require replacement at the resident's sole expense. This is very costly so we ask that you do not rent from us with an animal if your confidence in Fido's bladder control is anything less than 100%. In addition, no vicious breed dogs are permitted; pit bulls, rottweilers, etc. We are big-time doggie lovers but our insurance company will revoke coverage for these restricted breeds. In addition, your rental agreement will not permit animals to be tied up outside for any period of time or off-leash unless within a fenced yard.
8. Maintenance. We are very proud of our commitment to resident satisfaction. We have a quick-response maintenance system with a highly-skilled staff for issues that involve mechanical and all other home systems like plumbing, furnace, appliances, AC and electrical. Renting a home from us does require that the resident take care of basic housekeeping, preventive vigilance and outdoor/yard tasks to a responsible level. We are entrusting you with a $100,000-$200,000 home and we expect you to treat it like your own. And, treat it as if you are the homeowner already. That means taking care of the lawn, trimming, planting flowers, watering grass, cleaning the gutters, raking leaves, snow removal, changing the furnace filter and being a good neighbor. (If not capable or desirous of performing some of these tasks then we are able to provide contact information for a host of trusted vendors upon request.)
9. Restrictions and Miscellaneous. Your rental agreement will not permit above-ground pools, trampolines, unlicensed vehicles, parking on the grass or lawn or unauthorized residents that are not on the lease.
If you still have questions please call Paul James at 636-262-4473 for additional information and assistance. Or, you may also text any questions to the same number.
Talk to a Real Person: 636-262-4473 Text a Real Person: 636-262-4473 EMAIL US